Thursday, September 1, 2011

Spice Cake Fabric Wall Hanging & Pumpkins

The Holiday Mini Catalog starts today!

So many great products and I love the fabric!

Using the Spice Cake Designer Fabric (124066) and Designer Buttons (124113) I created a wall hanging and two matching stuffed pumpkins with one package of the designer fabric. I sort of made up the pumpkins after ones I have seen so really don't have a pattern but they were easy to make. After I was done with the wall hanging I had two strips of fabric that were 8" wide, the Pool Party colored one was 24" long and the other was 28" long. I sewed the 8" sides together and ran a gathering stitch on the top and bottom of the long sides. Gathered the bottom as tight as possible and then adhered a 2" cirlce of wool felt over the gathers with a glue gun. Gather the top loosly and fill about 1/3 full of rice to weight the bottom and fill with stuffing. Gather top tightly and secure by sewing closed. I free hand cut a stem from the Soft Suede print fabric and stuffed it and hot glued to the top of the pumpkin. Added a bow made from the Soft Suede striped grosgrain ribbon (125060) and a Spice Cake Designer button (124113) with White Baker's Twine (124262).



The wall hanging was inspired by a pattern in American Patchwork & Quilting Magazine (October 2011 issue). I changed it up a bit to use my Stampin' Up! supplies on it. I used the Big Shot machine to cut the letters, tags, and leaves. (Leaves #2 die - 113459, Two Tags die - 115954, and Serif Essentials Alphabet die - 113464)
The Pumpkins and tags are make from wool felt that I sponged ink on to add definition. All cut out pieces are adhered with an iron on fabric adhesive.




Happy Stampin'........or Sewing in this case-


DeAnn



2 comments:

  1. These projects are just AWESOME!!! I love those pumpkins and that wall hanging is just beautiful!! I will be showcasing your pumpkins on My Crafty Picks #31 with a link back to your blog on 9-4-11. Make sure to stop by on Sunday to check out all the picks and to pick up your Blog Badge for being featured too!!

    If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

    Take care
    Tiffany Bauer
    www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACK!!!!!! These are amazing! That wall hanging is absolutely awesome!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete