Friday, March 21, 2014

Celebrate Card and Union Jack Quilt

Well, once again I have been spending more time sewing than card making and my little blog sits unattended so I made a card to celebrate finishing a quilt top!
 
For this card I used the Too Kind stamp set and just stamped the flowers upside down to look like fireworks and added a little sparkle with Dazzling Details.
The "Celebrate" is from the Best of Birthdays stamp set which it only available until March 31.
 
 
Now onto the quilt that I am celebrating.
Perhaps I should wait and celebrate when it is all finished and quilted but this one took so much of my life hours that just finishing the top was a huge success.

 
I love tea time and all things British so when I saw this pattern called His Royal Union Jack in the January/February 2014 McCall's Quilting Magazine I knew I had to make it.
This was the first time I have done paper piecing and after the top was finished and it was time to remove the paper that alone was a 5 hour job!


The cute red fabric with the little tea pots in the picture below will be the backing fabric.
Love it!
 
And, just so you know, I am working on some cards so will have some to share soon.
 
 
Happy Stampin' and/or Sewin'-
 
 
DeAnn
 
 
 
 

1 comment: