Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sew Suite Card Set

I showed a sneak peek of this project back in January and now I wanted to show you all the details before the Occasions Mini Catalog ends on April 30. If you don't have the Sew Suite stamp set and the Sweet Stitches designer series paper and fabric you will want to get this before its gone! Originally the cover of the card holder was just plain and everything I tried to add just didn't look good until I ripped a piece of fabric and ran a gathering stitch down the middle of it and attached it to the front......I love the look!

The card holder is lined with wool felt and I added a loop to hold a pen that has the matching paper inside it - love having the paper and fabric that match!



I made 4 different cards using the Sew Suite stamp set to fit inside my card holder. To make the sewing machine, I paper pieced with Brushed Silver card stock and added a silver brad for the nob. The background of this card has the Pattern Pieces stamp stamped in Chocolate Chip on Chocolate Chip paper. Note the Sweet Stitches fabric designer brad with the pattern pieces that matches the Pattern Pieces stamp.


For the "ribbon" I ripped a strip of fabric and tied around the card front. Notice the cute little safety pin (from Vintage Trinkets) holding the little tag.....sew cute! The "buttons" are made with the Sweet Buttons embosslit die. I sewed them on with white thread but could have just made a line with the White Gel Pen, would have been easier!


The "rick-rack" is paper and made with the Tasteful Trim die. I did sew it onto the card. I paper pieced the thread spool and pin cushion to get the colors I wanted.


The Pompom trim is so cute and was just the thing to add some dimension to this card.



Featured Supplies Used:


121933, wood or 122009, clear - Sew Suite

121781 - Sweet Stitches designer series paper

121818 - Sweet Stitches designer fabric

122230 - Pattern Pieces

123322 - Melon Mambo Pompom trim

121880 - Sweet Stitches fabric designer brads

121813 - Sweet Buttons embosslit die

120893 - Tasteful Trim die

100712 - Brushed Silver card stock


Happy Stampin'-


DeAnn



No comments:

Post a Comment