Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sweet Stitches Mini Bags

I had some scraps left from the ironing board cover that I had made and posted earlier this month and used them to create two mini bags.
The instructions for the mini bags came from a pattern in a magazine called All Small, a Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Publication. The little bags are approx. 3-3/4" high by 4" long.
To make the "flower" just rip a strip of fabric and run a gathering stitch on one side of the length. Pull to gather and shape in a round rosette and handstitch to hold the shape. I added a large brad that I had left over and then hand stitched onto the bag.
On this bag I added a little decorative stitch at the bottom section of the bag.
Love how the "flower" on this one turned out using the fabric that features different "stitches".
Happy Sewin'-
DeAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment