Thursday, January 24, 2013

Valentine Basket with Artisan Embellishments Kit

I am so excited to share with you this little Valentine Basket I made using some of the lovely embellishments from the Artisan Embellishments Kit in the Spring Catalog.
 
 
I started with a peat pot and painted it with white acrylic paint and a sponge brush.
I wanted an old look so I didn't cover it completely.  As I painted and the paint was still wet I sprinkled on Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  I think you can see a little sparkle in the picture below of the back of the basket.

 
Isn't that cream lace just beautiful that I wrapped around the basket?
I am going to have to get another kit.  I used half the lace on this one basket but there is only 18" of it in the first place so I have enough to do another basket or use it on a card or two or three!


So many lovely embellishments in this kit! 
I love the paper flowers!
 


 
I used the Silver Glimmer Paper and the Hearts Collection Framelits Dies to cut out the hearts.  I left the large heart silver and used it for my base - it's almost hidden - and colored the other 2 smaller ones with the Primrose Petals Stampin' Write marker to change them to pink.
The other item I used that is not in the kit is the Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon for the handle and bow and also used some Linen Thread.
I did use a glue gun to attach all the elements to the basket.


Note the little scalloped pink lace at the top of the basket - so sweet!

 
For some filler I cut strips of First Edition dsp and crumpled them up.
Now I need to get some Valentine goodies to fill my little basket.
 
What do you think?
Hope you love it as much as I do.
Wouldn't it make a sweet gift or party favor?
 
 
Happy Stampin'-
 
DeAnn
 
 

1 comment: