Thursday, August 4, 2016

With Sympathy Card

Unfortunately I needed a sympathy card this weekend and I don't usually just make a sympathy card for fun, I wait until I am in need of one.
 
 
So while I was at it I thought I would make two.

 
I saw a card like this online earlier today and made a quick sketch of it on scrap paper but didn't save where I found it so I don't know who I am CASing.
Featured on this card is the Thoughtful Branches and Flourishing Phrases stamp sets.
I made a mask using a die from the Layering Squares Framelits Dies and then sponged on some Wild Wasabi and Marina Mist for the background before stamping the tree image with Chocolate Chip ink.
The "With Sympathy" and inside greeting are stamped with Marina Mist ink.
I sponged Marina Mist on the very edges of the card stock and then tied some Linen Thread around it.  I adhered it to the card base with Stampin' Dimensionals.
I used the Whisper White Thick Cardstock.

 
For the back of the card I used a stamp from the Better than Email stamp set.
I inked it up in Marina Mist and then stamped off once before stamping on the back of my card.

 
 
 
Happy Stampin'-
 
 
 
DeAnn
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment